Jason T. Bradshawhttps://www.jasontbradshaw.com
I love designing and building things, in both the digital and physical worlds. I believe fine craftsmanship isn't only in the final product, but is most fully expressed in the people, process, and details along the way.
B.S. Computer ScienceThe University of Texas at Austin https://www.utexas.edu
Graduated May 2011
Software EngineerAirtable https://airtable.com
September 2018 - Present
- Greatly improved enterprise administrator user experience by designing and implementing an in-product dashboard, making it possible for users to take frequent administrative actions and answer common analytics questions without specialist assistance.
- Increased reliability of the billing and invoicing system, ensuring invoices and payments are processed in a robust and timely manner.
- Improved security by auditing and isolating third-party libraries on the production website in a future-proof and maintainable way.
- Designed and implemented a robust audit logging solution for all actions taken in the internal customer service system.
Senior Software EngineerKhoros (formerly Spredfast) https://khoros.com
February 2017 - August 2018
- Increased site reliability by launching a custom Kubernetes cluster for running non-production workloads and validating Kubernetes upgrades prior to deploying them to the production cluster.
- Increased site reliability by devising and implementing a process for safely upgrading our Kubernetes clusters between minor versions without downtime.
- Increased developer productivity by building and deploying a new auto-scaling Jenkins cluster for running build jobs.
- Increased visibility into pending production problems by building many different custom server monitoring services, Grafana display dashboards, and automated alerts.
- Continue to maintain, document, support, and implement new features in the Experiences platform.
Software EngineerSpredfast (formerly Mass Relevance) https://khoros.com
July 2012 - February 2017
- Enabled real-time votes for two major televised events by building, load testing, deploying, and monitoring a distributed system capable of ingesting more than 10,000 requests per second over a 10-minute period with 99.9% response latency of less than a second.
- Allowed customers to intuitively analyze and export advanced analytics around their social media visualizations by building and maintaining the front and back-end systems to query and display terabytes of stored analytics data in real-time.
- Improved developer team productivity by building, documenting, maintaining, and improving several internal SDKs for building and displaying WYSIWYG-customizable social media visualizations.
- Helped customers generate excitement around their brands and events by building highly-customized interactive social media visualizations using modern front-end technologies and our original internal SDK.
Software EngineerHomeAway https://www.homeaway.com
June 2011 - June 2012
- Built and maintained high-availability systems and APIs to stably process thousands of customer payments daily.
- Decreased payment processing fees by building and maintaining custom payment gateway interfaces with many different payment providers.
- Made customer payment process simpler and faster by building a new checkout page for VRBO.com, including in-line form validation and display of dynamic order total and promotional codes.
- Ensured data integrity and privacy by implementing secure and low-latency systems to tokenize and store sensitive customer data.
Software Engineering Intern@hand Corporation http://www.hand.com
- Helped customize customer software deployments to their specific needs by building, testing, and deploying a new interface control for the main product.
- Decreased customer friction by fixing dozens of long-standing bugs in the code base.
- Increased developer productivity by building a utility for validating current database structure against contents.
Research ProgrammerHETDEX Project http://www.hetdex.org
- Decreased telescope control system code/test iteration time by writing an emulator for the current HETDEX telescope dome control server in Python.
- Investigated different non-relational databases for use in storing nightly logs in an easily searchable manner, and made a recommendation as to which to use (MongoDB).
Programming ConsultantAustin Stone Community Church https://austinstone.org
- Made real-time and affordable broadcast, viewing, interaction with a video sermon at remote locations possible.
- Designed and built the full video broadcast system from off-the-shelf hardware and open-source software while working as part of a team of several people.
- I consider every project with a useful top-level README.md file "launched", though I strive to ensure all my projects are written for people other than myself to maintain and/or learn from.
|Linux||NixOS, Arch, Ubuntu, systemd, system upgrades and maintenance|
|Miscellaneous||Distributed Systems, High-traffic APIs, Node.js, Kubernetes, Grafana, Git, AWS, Terraform, Rails, Finatra, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Kafka, JVM Tuning|